essential oils application techniques
Essential oils application techniques
Pure aromatherapy essential oils have a broad range of healing benefits. How you apply these essential or aromatherapy oils has an effect on the healing capacity. Except for a select few, essential oils should not be applied neat or pure to the skin. Standard dilution is two and a half percent or fifteen drops of the aromatherapy oils to one ounce of carrier oil.
The three most leading essential oils application techniques for experiencing effective aromatherapy treatments are inhalation, topical and ingestion.
Essential Oils Application Techniques
The most simple and most efficient way to use aromatherapy oils is through inhalation.
- Since many aromatherapy oils are widely believed to treat sinus or breathing issues, steam inhalation is a well-liked essential oils application techniques. Add 5 drops of relevant aromatherapy oils to steaming water and place a towel around the head so that the scent does not escape while you breathe it.
- Putting one or two drops of oil on the pillow at night to form a healing or romantic effect.
- Wearing the oil as a perfume and letting your body heat diffuse the oil.
- Inhaling the aromatic fragrance directly from the bottle.
- Diffusing the oil with a cold-air diffuser.
What you never wish to do is diffuse the oil with a heat source, i.e. a candle, bulb or electric current. The heat will fracture the fragile chemistry of the oil.
Massage is potentially one of the most popular aromatherapy essential oils application techniques. Mixing drops of aromatherapy essential oils with carrier oil could affect the body both psychologically and physiologically depending on which essential oil being used. The olfactory sense is activated during an aromatherapy oils massage. At the same time, some of the oil is soaked into the skin and eventually into the blood stream to supply the healing effects.
Beside massage, there are other techniques to topically apply aromatherapy oils that are effectual:
- Raindrop. This is a technique of dropping oils along the backbone from about 6 inches up and then massaging in the oils, using feather-like strokes.
- Lotions or Creams. Add a few drops of essential oils to your favorite carrier oil, massage oil or cream (cocoa butter, Shea Butter, any unscented lotion base to create your own fragrant blend to stimulate healing properties.
- Vita Flex. This is similar to reflexology, except the oils are applied with essentially no finger pressure.
- Compress. Dip a wash cloth into the mixture of aromatherapy oils and warm water and squeeze out. Using the cloth as a compress on the affected body areas i.e. muscles, forehead or stomach. Warm aromatherapy oils compress is very good for menstrual cramps also.
Watered down in honey, agaves nectar or plant oil and placed in capsules. Ingesting the aromatherapy oils capsule can have a forceful effect on well-being, boosting resistance and supporting assorted body systems. Do consult your physician prior to employing this essential oils application techniques.
Adding aromatherapy oils to your bath is a simple way to capitalize on their health benefits; form both inhalation and topical application perspectives. Simply add 1 or 2 drops to the bathwater and mix it before dipping in. The aromatic scent will trigger the olfactory sense, which subsequently reinforce your circulation and assist in bringing out physical balance.
Effectual Essential Oils Application
Whichever aromatherapy essential oils application techniques adopted, do ensure the essential oils’ quality is therapeutic-grade for it to be safe and effective. About ninety eight percent of the aromatherapy oils produced are not made for aromatherapy though they are marketed for it.
“mind, body and soul aromatherapy, the essence of wellness”